Monday, March 24, 2008

March's Green Thing: Lay off the meat



March's Green Thing isn't something that immediately comes to mind when thinking of environmental conservation (at least for me), but it's a great idea--if you can handle it, that is. Green Thing is asking its members to make their meat "rarer" (get it? It's funny), in an effort to lessen the environmental impact (CO2 emissions, fossil fuel consumption, etc) of the world's meat industry. It's a great idea, and I'm definitely going to give it a shot; the planet's more important than my weekly In-N-Out habit!

If you haven't joined Green Thing yet, what are you waiting for?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr Green: I hope you keep us posted on how you do with staying away from meat. That's a challenge ! and we'd like to hear what the roadblocks are to sticking with it.

Maybe you'll be an inspiration to us all!

Anonymous said...

Dr. Green: This is a very good point you make, many people do not realize how much fossil fuels it takes to get all this meat to us. It would also be a good thing to mention though, for those that can't fathom giving up meat entirely, that another alternative would be to buy from local livestock farmers who grass feed their cattle. Although I agree that stopping the consumption of meat would be the best idea, this is just a thought for those who want to take it in baby steps. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read that blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Commenting on Dr. Green P's Blog

I'd love to hear your questions or comments about any my posts or environmental issues. To respond, click on comments at the bottom of the desired article you wish to declare an opinion on, and begin writing up your say. A gmail account isn't necessary to comment. Signing in as "Anonymous" or presenting a "Name/ID" works just as well. If you have any other questions or suggestions, please email me at drgreensblog@gmail.com