Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Green Cleaning Tips

Hello all,

It may not be Spring Cleaning time anymore, but that doesn't mean you're going to withold from cleaning for almost a year, right? Now, don't go running to that Swiffer and Windex just yet! Here are some Green Cleaning Tips from "ReadyMade" to polish up your household in the most environmental ways possible. :)

HERBAL ALTERNATIVE
Ever have problems with flies? Of course you have. Instead of reaching for that fly swatter or the nearest tossable object, drive them away with a potted basil plant. These annoying insects find the aroma of these herbs repulsive, and therefore will keep you spending less time killing flies and more time enjoying your bug-free home.

CLEAN AIR ACT
Did you know that houseplants can significantly reduce biological and synthetic pollutants in the air? Well, they can! Some of the more popular potted plants with this benefit are gerber daisies, chrysanthemums, ficus, peace lilies, and devil's ivy.

SMUDGE FREE
In order to clean up those scuff marks from leather furniture, gently rub the eraser end of a pencil over the affected areas. "It's a toxin- and fume-free way to make imperfections disappear."

BRUSH IT OFF
For polishing off the metal fixtures in your home, use non-gel toothpaste to help in keeping them "clean, sparkly, and tarnish-free."

MAGIC WAND
Here's a nice trick for those cosmetic junkies, instead of tossing your used-up mascara brushes, keep them for "cleaning small nooks and crannies. Simply shampoo the bristles, allow them to dry, and get to work."

For more Green Cleaning Tips, check out the "ReadyMade" website where they have a whole list of interesting, eco-ways to tidy up your home. :)

Peace&Love,
Dr. Green T

Works Cited:
"GREEN CLEANING TIPS." ReadyMade, n.d. Web. 23 Jun 2010. http://readymade.com/resources/homefixes/green_cleaning_tips/.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE CABBAGE <3 I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3

domestic cleaning south west london said...

If you are planning to move green cleaning products be sure to think about why you want to change. In this way you can make an informed decision and have a clear conscience on your motivation. So do not be afraid to compromise themselves honestly. At times, the ideals are not only practical way to make a stop.

Commenting on Dr. Green P's Blog

I'd love to hear your questions or comments about any my posts or environmental issues. To respond, click on comments at the bottom of the desired article you wish to declare an opinion on, and begin writing up your say. A gmail account isn't necessary to comment. Signing in as "Anonymous" or presenting a "Name/ID" works just as well. If you have any other questions or suggestions, please email me at drgreensblog@gmail.com