Sunday, October 3, 2010

Meg Whitman

"After you have exhausted what there is in business, politics, conviviality, and so on - have found that none of these finally satisfy, or permanently wear - what remains? Nature remains." ~ Another Whitman

There’s been lots of buzz lately about a certain Ms. Whitman. Amidst talk of housekeepers and vicious attack ads, the environment has gotten less of the spotlight. Whitman claims she will make the environment a top priority. However, she is in favor of scrapping certain regulation to help attract business.

Whitman promises to:
*better enforce pollution laws
*support clean transportation
*cut red tape inhibiting new green industries
*halt offshore drilling until new technologies can minimize environmental impact
*oppose prop 23, a ballot measure that would suspend certain greenhouse gas regulations until *unemployment drops


*suspend AB 32, the law under fire by prop 23, for at least a year
*increase water flow from the delta (albeit with a new system she said will protect the smelt and other wildlife)
*lower environmental regulation to create jobs

Whitman seems to espouse the popular idea that environmental regulation and economic recovery are not only at odds, but perhaps mutually exclusive. California has long been a pioneer in government-backed environmental protection, and it seems that Whitman might not share Schwarzenegger’s environmental zeal. That said, it seems that she has given more than a token commitment to ecological issues.


Who do you support in the gubernatorial race?
Do you think Whitman’s environmental promises are sincere?
Housekeepers: important political issue, or most important political issue?

Comment below or shoot me an email at jessie.kathan@gmail.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post you got here. I'd like to read a bit more about this matter. The only thing it would also be great to see here is some pics of any gadgets.

John Karver
jam mobile phone

Anonymous said...

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are mistaken. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE CABBAGE <3 I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3

Commenting on Dr. Green P's Blog

I'd love to hear your questions or comments about any my posts or environmental issues. To respond, click on comments at the bottom of the desired article you wish to declare an opinion on, and begin writing up your say. A gmail account isn't necessary to comment. Signing in as "Anonymous" or presenting a "Name/ID" works just as well. If you have any other questions or suggestions, please email me at drgreensblog@gmail.com