Friday, April 9, 2010

April's Apple Walnut Cake!!

Happy April to all!!

It is finally the time of Spring when all new fruits, vegetables, and flowers are blossoming to meet the beautiful weather that has come upon us. During this time of rebirth, I've decided to present a delectable dessert that can be found at any local farmer's market considering they're now in season. Yay! :D

The dessert of choice is the Apple Walnut Cake with both main ingredients falling under the category of "in season." Let's begin with collecting the items required in creating this wonderful treat.

Ingredients:
-1/2 cup of butter or margarine
-2 cups of sugar
-2 large eggs, beaten
-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
-2 teaspoons of baking soda
-1 teaspoon of salt
-2 cups of all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
-4 cups of apples, peeled and thinly sliced
-1 cup of black walnuts, chopped
-Whipped cream (optional)

Now, this is quite a simple recipe to prepare. First mix the butter and sugar in a bowl, and gradually add in the beaten eggs and vanilla extract while blending them all together.

Next combine the baking soda, salt, flour and ground cinnamon in a separate bowl. Add the egg mixture into this separate bowl and beat until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Now include the apple slices and chopped walnuts in the batter, and blend just enough to spread them throughout.

Finally, grease and flour a pan (I usually use bunt cake pans), and pour the batter in to be baked in a 325°F (160°C) oven for 55-60 minutes. Serve warm or cold with some whipped cream and your set for a delicious after-meal delight. Hope you all enjoy! :]

Peace&Love,
Dr. Green T


Works Cited:
"Apple Walnut Cake recipe." Walnut Recipes. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Apr 2010. http://www.walnutrecipes.net/apple-walnut-cake.html.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

This looks like a very tasty cake. I will have to try it out next weekend as we have family coming over. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE CABBAGE <3 I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3I LOVE CABBAGE <3

jack digman said...

i'm gay

Anonymous said...

COME ON GIVE ME SOME CAKE NOW CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE




urrrrrrrrrrr......i hate waltunts they give me the poos

will plumb said...

im the gayest man on earth i <3 louis spence

Will Morley said...

im having a naked wednesday with josh mellor in a bath in the south of France yay!

josh mellor said...

ui0jjii

Commenting on Dr. Green P's Blog

I'd love to hear your questions or comments about any my posts or environmental issues. To respond, click on comments at the bottom of the desired article you wish to declare an opinion on, and begin writing up your say. A gmail account isn't necessary to comment. Signing in as "Anonymous" or presenting a "Name/ID" works just as well. If you have any other questions or suggestions, please email me at drgreensblog@gmail.com